Using Fibre as backbone cabling is a must in all modern networks offering speeds up to 40 GB/s. With most PC's now running with gigabit network cards it is obvious that a lot of data needs to be transmitted between switches.
Fibre can be installed to suit the applications and environment, choices are;
· Multimode cables (OM1, OM2 and OM3).
· Singlemode cables (OS1 and OS2).
· Tight Buffered and Loose Tube constructions.
· Internal, External and Universal sheath options.
· Rodent Resistant and Steel Wire Armoured cables for harsh environments.
· Fibre To The Desk (FTTD).
· ST, SC, MT-RJ, LC, LSH (E2000) terminations.